Old 24-06-2004, 01:02 AM
D Ray

Default Bush and his religion?

We got a Sirius satellite radio last fall and are very pleased with the
service and programming. Sirius has two NPR and one PRI stream as well as
Sirius Left, a politically left oriented talk station. In addition there is
Sirius OutQ that has a lot of politically left leaning programing. Sirius
carries Air America, also. The competition, XM satellite radio, is
partially owned by Clear Channel. The last time I looked, Clear Channel was
the fifth largest stock holder and their CEO is on the board at XM radio.
That is a deal killer for me.

You should get yourself more informed. Clear Channel has hedged their
entire position and have been trying to get out of XM for more than a
year now. They no longer have a board member.

It doesn't matter, however. XM was never a strategic partner for CCU;
and CCU has had zero influence on the programming. XM's music is far
superior to Sirius', and EITHER is far superior (as in multiple orders
of magnitude) to anything you'll find on FM.

It is sort of bizarre to proclaim your opposition to a product on the
basis of who the company's shareholders are. While you can boycott
for whatever reasons, you do so at your own disadvantage.