Old 24-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Jim Voege

Default Please help me identify!

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message
news:GQfCc.73417$2i5.32590@attbi_s52...
Often, when forsythias are not tended to for an extended period, they lose
some of their flowering capacity. Rejuvenation of the shrub by removing

one
third of the oldest canes each year for 3 years will help. I have also

known
folks who have pruned them back nearly to the ground and they have come

back
strong, but it is not a method I'd recommend without reservation.

I've done that. Worked like a charm. However, I'd turned the ground
surrounding it into a bed where I grew Impatiens so it got a lot of water
and a lot of Miracle Gro. ;-) Too shady to flower very well but boy that
was one healthy bush and a great thing through which to grow shade tolerant
clematis.

Jim