Old 24-06-2004, 03:08 AM
DJ

Default My lawn looks better than it ever has.

Keegan
Hi, thanks for the tip. I had made a mistake on the brand name, it is a
Murray, not Murphy.
I looked it up online and it says that the tires are 8". Also says that it
has a 7 Position Height
Adjustment from 1" to 3.8". When I measured I got 0" to almost 3 inches, so
maybe the store put it together wrong. Doesn't it sound strange, that the
lowest setting would literally "scrape" my yard?
Donna J.

"BDT" wrote in message
DJ
Here's something you can try. Get larger diameter wheels for your mower.
Buy 4 to replace yours now and you will raise evenly. If your wheels are

5"
now, get 6" and you will gain your 1/2". You better check to see that you
have clearance around the wheels first. Also, make sure you get the same
shaft diameter. Take one wheel off and take it in to your local hardware
store, they should be able to help you out.
Keegan
"DJ" wrote in message
No, I don't think you're a "Dork". I probably would have done that too.

:-)
I have a Murphy and measured it from the deck, as recommended and it is
almost 3" from the bottom of the deck, on the highest setting. It has 7
notches and if I were to put it on the lowest, the deck is touching the
sidewalk. Is there a way to re-adjust it so that there is at least 1/2 "
space between the deck and cement? Not that I would mow a yard on that
setting, but seems it's not correctly set. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Donna J.

wrote in message

I was glad to see your post. Thought I had subscribed to the wrong
newsgroup. You said you mow your yard 3"-4" . Can you tell me how you

know
the height?

I'm a dork...I take a ruler and measure the height of the grass after
I mow it!

I know that the third notch from the top is 3", and it looks like each
notch is a 1/4" change.