Old 24-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Nitesbane

Default Duplarit G -- is it worth the money?

"blank" wrote in message
Thanks to all that replied. I really dont want to go down the CO2 track
unless all else fails; it sounds like more cost and effort than I want to
devote to the fish.

CO2 doesn't have to be expensive. I have a 55 gallon tank that isn't
planted very heavily but not lightly either...it's hard to find any decent
plants at the stores around here. I only have one 40w Aqua-Glo (18,000K).
I added a bottle of DIY (Do It Yourself) CO2 and my plants seem like they're
on steroids. The stores don't label them, but I believe I have java moss,
an anubia of some kind, water sprite, anacharis...some viny thing, a purple
one, and one that grows straight upwards (about 25cm tall) with two leaves
at each segment.. The water sprite doesn't do very well, and the micro
sword doesn't either (probably because of my crappy lighting), but
everything else is doing great. Google DIY co2 and you'll find lots of
methods, and it's verrrry very cheap. :-)