Old 24-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Anthony Pruitt

Default handmade slabs

"Julie Trigg" wrote in message
I could use some advice on Sakrete cement slab. When I make a slab, I
usually let it cure for several months (even a year) before using.
However,
I need to use a slab that was just made about three weeks ago. I have been
washing it daily and buried it a few days ago under wet mulch. It will be
used on the 1st of July. My question is: Is there anyway I can lessen the
possible damage to trees planted on the slab or change the pH?
Thanks,
Julie

Concrete rocks and slabs are also made for marine aquariums, and because the
ph of new concrete is so high, the standard practice is to soak it in
vinegar for 2 to 3 days then rinse the slab very well, or soak it in plain
fresh water for a day or two. This is usually enough to neutralize the ph.