Old 24-06-2004, 02:05 PM
escapee

Default Bush and his religion?

On 23 Jun 2004 16:31:53 -0700, (D Ray) opined:

You should get yourself more informed. Clear Channel has hedged their
entire position and have been trying to get out of XM for more than a
year now. They no longer have a board member.

It doesn't matter, however. XM was never a strategic partner for CCU;
and CCU has had zero influence on the programming. XM's music is far
superior to Sirius', and EITHER is far superior (as in multiple orders
of magnitude) to anything you'll find on FM.

It is sort of bizarre to proclaim your opposition to a product on the
basis of who the company's shareholders are. While you can boycott
for whatever reasons, you do so at your own disadvantage.

I don't care much about the music on satellite. Between my husband and I, we
have about a thousand CDs and access to thousands of others if we want. I only
listen to the radio for the talk shows. I stopped listening to it a while back,
but now that I can hear delightful people like Franken, and Rhodes, I'm
listening again. I get many music channels on the DirecTV system. I never
listened once.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?