Old 24-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Nancy V. Lynch

Default Deer Trouble

well, the famous remedy for keeping deer away is to pee on the ground you
want to warn the deer away from. when i first moved to Texas and learned
that deer could actually be considered pesky, i was pretty amused to read
about a woman who was arrested for habitually trespassing and peeing on
deliberate deer traps hunters set up on their property. good luck.

In article , "GeneS"
wrote:

Hmmm - if you wanted a good reliable way to turn on
a sprinkler with a motion detection device, all you would
have to do is connect a cheap irrigation timer device to a
110V screw-in plug that is in a cheap dual bulb motion sensing light.
The outside motion sensing nightlight device could even turn on a
spotlight, the sprinkler, and a noise making device - all instantly:-)
I have not added up the cost, but I bet it's not much more than $50.
I may be willing to pay to see the excitement!

BTW, if the 24V transformer to the sprinkler water valve will open
with the 110VAC transformer on, then you will not even need the
timer? But for $20, I think I would just get a timer (computer)
and set it to "always on" when 110VAC power is present.

Gene

"catalina" wrote in message
GolfNut wrote in
:

help!! besides a fence...how do i keep the derr from eating my small
trees and plants. i use liquid fence but that is sooo expensive. plus
after a watering or rain, it's all gone.

is there a home remedy...some type of organic tea that i could brew to
put on stuff or around it to keep the deer away. they are even going
after "deer resistant" plants these days.

tw

Not sure how well this works, and maybe not so well in large areas, but
there is a product called the "scarecrow" it is a motion activated
sprinkler --- I bought one but it was shipped to me broken so I can't tell
you yet how it works. You could always get an outside dog that chases them
away (I discovered that the one I am petsitting at the moment enjoys doing
that.)