Old 24-06-2004, 06:08 PM

Default I wish I'd realised how complicated ....

it sounds like new pond greening. with aeration it will clear on its own, but veggie
filters are cheap and easy. Ingrid

EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote:

jay wrote I think its more accurate to associate green water with higher pH,
rise
in water temps and available phosphates.

I see what you are getting at.
And that probably is the case in well managed ponds.

But I guess I'm working from the premise that many of the green water problems
random folks come to rec.ponds with are associated with a heavy fish load,
overfeeding and a pond that has a heavy load of organic gunk. Remember that
Wall Street Journal article of a couple years ago? People jumping on the hot
gardening trend of ponds and ending up with a slimey, green mess.

I could be guilty of assuming facts not in evidence ;-)

That said, that's why I put down every conceivable reason and solution to cover
all the bases. Even UV ;-)

kathy :-)
algae primer

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List