Old 24-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Nedra

Default Sharing Lotus Tubors

BV, this open to debate. Some folks divide lotus in the fall ... others in
the spring.
I prefer spring - however, the water is dreadfully cold in spring.
Whatever you do
don't just pull them out. Rather, upend the pot on the side of pond and
let it drain.
Then knock the lotus loose - you will see that the lotus has circled 'round
the pot.
The alive part is on the bottom. I start cutting the lotuses back a tuber
at a time.
I think you've already done this, haven't you? At any rate you end up with
a bunch
of tubers.

I really don't know how you'd store them. You are in over my head on this.
Why not try several methods and 'experiment' ??? LOL ... that is your
middle name,
right?

Nedra

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
I want to prepare to split and share some of my tubors, as I am running

out
of room, and I don't know if I will get the lotus garden in this year.

What
is the best time/method to do so? I was thinking in the fall...pull them
out, cut back the roots, stems, etc.

Then what...

Put them in a bin full of pond water in the house for the winter?
Let them dry?

BV.