Old 24-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Sharing Lotus Tubors

"Nedra" wrote in message
hlink.net...
BV, this open to debate. Some folks divide lotus in the fall ... others

in
the spring.
I prefer spring - however, the water is dreadfully cold in spring.
Whatever you do
don't just pull them out. Rather, upend the pot on the side of pond and
let it drain.
Then knock the lotus loose - you will see that the lotus has circled

'round
the pot.
The alive part is on the bottom. I start cutting the lotuses back a tuber
at a time.
I think you've already done this, haven't you? At any rate you end up

with
a bunch
of tubers.

I really don't know how you'd store them. You are in over my head on

this.
Why not try several methods and 'experiment' ??? LOL ... that is your
middle name,
right?

snip

SOMLOL.

My goal was to make them available over the fall and winter so other ponders
could get rolling in the spring.

BV.