Old 24-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] slabs

I've found 'stock' sized floor tile of slate (18" sq, 12" sq,
etc.) which
can be broken around the edges with a pipe wrench. This would

give a light
but natural slab sized for a small to medium sized planting. I

like the
natural look. I'm looking at possibly planting on a thicker

flagstone,
primarily for the look. Have fun - jay

Jay Beckenbach - Melrose, FL - Zone 8b/9a -

You can buy a tool (looks like a root cutter, but the jaws don't
quite meet) that is designed to chip the edges of floor tiles.
Mine cost $3.95 at Home Depot.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++