Old 24-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Sharing Lotus Tubors

"Mosfunland" wrote in message
BV, this open to debate. Some folks divide lotus in the fall ... others

in
the spring.
I prefer spring - however, the water is dreadfully cold in spring.
Whatever you do
don't just pull them out. Rather, upend the pot on the side of pond and

I agree the water is frigid here in Phila.....you can probably sink the

excess
tubers to the bottom before the winter, although I do remember seeing them

in a
bin at the flowershow in philadelphia....I would just put them into a

laundry
bag....a couple rocks and sink them, leaving the tie close to the surface

so in
the spring you can just pull them up and pot them...

I was hoping to have them accessible, so when a fellow porg asks for a lotus
in february, I can deliver.

BV.