Old 25-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Greg Cooper

Default Strange question

I had to resort to a net.

I purchased very fine black plastic netting sold for covering fruit
trees from the birds. It is cheap and hardly visible from any distance
away.

To solve tha access problem I cut small (4 inch) section of bamboo
garden stakes and drove them vertically in to the ground around the pond
only slightly prowd of the surface. The net is then streched a bit and
hooked on the stakes. This way it is easy to unhook a corner for
access into the pond.
Works for me.

Karen Mullen wrote:

In article , Charles
writes:

The net does not have to be above the surface of the water.

There is a Kid Safe thing that would probably work.

looked at that on the web and it looks like a good idea for children, but I get
in an out of the pond almost everytime I get near it, picking dead leaves,
moving things around, just piddling etc. so that wouldn't work not would a net
for the same reason.
thanks for the thought,
Karen
Zone 5