Old 25-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Robby

Default Roses

I have a problem in that I have had to remove six rose bushes, out of fifty,
due to the originals being attacked by a serious strain of a virus.
I did this three years ago and immediately took out about half a metre of
soil which was arround these roses & replaced it with good stuff. I then
placed six new rose bushes in the new soil.
I was told by some rose "experts" that the new roses would not grow. They
where 50% right. Half have grown only to a height equivelant to about six
months growth however the others have survived quite well!
I wish to remove the recalcitrant 3 bushes remaining with one each of an
"Ian Thorpe", a "Fiona's Wish and a Mother'sLove rose.
Any suggestions re preparing the existing soil.

Thanks in anticipation,
Ian J Robinson,
Mid beach area of South Australia.