Old 25-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Roy

Default Will Virginia Creeper Kill Pines ?

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:04:24 -0600, "T" wrote:

===I have an abundance of this in my own yard and was just looking for a
===solution...Here's what I've found.
===
===
===http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/StratfordL...ia_creeper.htm
===
===
===
==="Lecher9000" wrote in message
=== There are Va Creeper vines growing into my pine tress. Should I leave
===things
=== alone, or rip out the vines ???
===

Well contrary to what that link says about it taking on a tree and
eventually killing it, I dunno. I have a lot of Virginia Creeper on my
place and lots of pines and Oaks and a lot of my pines have VC in it,
as well as a lot of VC growing in and around the shrubs around my
house which consists of Gardenia, Nandina, and Azaleas, and have never
had a problem with choking back a tree or causing any harm. I used to
rip it all out just to prevent having problems until I was told to let
it go, it seems to keep itself in check fairly reasonable. Last VC
vine I ripped out was well over 15 years ago, and my place while I
have a lot of it, and it looks good, is not over run by any means.
My zone is ideal for its growth........south central Alabama.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.