Old 25-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Growing Garlic

By the way, climate is not an issue with garlic, in terms of its ability to
survive winters. Climates further North than yours require planting the fall
crop a little earlier to allow for some root growth, but that's about it.

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
I have started to use a lot of garlic in my cooking (thanks to Emeril

Live).
How is it grown? Can you start it from a clove you get at the store?

When
is the best time to plant and harvest? I live in North Central Maryland
Zone 6. I also saw on a program that you can harves a little of the green
part and use it also although it is not nearly as strong as the cloves.