Old 25-06-2004, 11:02 PM

Default Will Virginia Creeper Kill Pines ?

Thanks Roy for that information. I also have lots of VC and wasn't sure what
it did to other plants. Think I'll just follow your lead and let it be...

"Roy" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:04:24 -0600, "T" wrote:

===I have an abundance of this in my own yard and was just looking for

===solution...Here's what I've found.
===
===

===http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/StratfordL...ges/virginia_c

reeper.htm
===
===
===
==="Lecher9000" wrote in message
=== There are Va Creeper vines growing into my pine tress. Should I

leave
===things
=== alone, or rip out the vines ???
===

Well contrary to what that link says about it taking on a tree and
eventually killing it, I dunno. I have a lot of Virginia Creeper on my
place and lots of pines and Oaks and a lot of my pines have VC in it,
as well as a lot of VC growing in and around the shrubs around my
house which consists of Gardenia, Nandina, and Azaleas, and have never
had a problem with choking back a tree or causing any harm. I used to
rip it all out just to prevent having problems until I was told to let
it go, it seems to keep itself in check fairly reasonable. Last VC
vine I ripped out was well over 15 years ago, and my place while I
have a lot of it, and it looks good, is not over run by any means.
My zone is ideal for its growth........south central Alabama.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.