Old 25-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Maple seedlings

I have some maple seedlings that have grown nicely..until about
last week.
The first set of leaves are extremely moist and fragile. They

arent dried,
but they seem to be dying. When I touch them, especially the

tips, they're
very "wet" and arent firm and dry as with healthy leaves. I put

them in
the morning sun yesterday and today, with no improvement. Are

the leaves
like this because of the wind? Here in Toronto, its very windy.

I'm trying
not to risk putting them out in full sun..as they might dry

out. Any ideas?

How large are these seedlings? How old? How have you been
watering them? Where have you been keeping them? What maple?
Did you fertilize? With what? How much?

Sounds like they're rotting somehow.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++