Old 26-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Maple seedlings

In a message dated 6/25/2004 5:02:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Sounds like they're rotting somehow.

I agree with Jim. I suspect that it might be still fairly cool in
Toronto and the seedlings are getting to much water.
It will be difficult to save them if they have root rot. Take a look
at the roots of one plant. Are they firm and healthy or mushy? Mushy is bad.
You can try repotting in new, sterile soil and treating the seedlings
with a horticultural fungicide, but it is probably a waste of time and money.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana and Chase Rosade of New
Hope, PA.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++