Old 26-06-2004, 01:56 AM
harry

Default Building wooden structures

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:27:51 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

Before I make a complete hash of the idea has anyone got advice or a web
site or book I could use to help me erect a pergola?

I want a walkway about 12 foot long with wooden posts and top cross
beams so that I can train climbing plants up the sides and eventually
make a covered path.

I've seen single posted rose arches and so on but looking at them ready
made they seem very flimsy and I'd hate to have to take all the plants
down in two or three years because everything had given way.

Any makes that anyone can recommend?
I've printed off the greenfingers.com site and the pergolas direct.co.uk
site The BBC site doesn't have the plans at the moment.

http://www.pavingexpert.com/featur07.htm
http://www.gardeningdata.co.uk/const...en_plans_3.htm
http://www.chillisearch.co.uk/p/e/pergolas/