Old 26-06-2004, 01:57 AM
Justin Hughes

Default Passion Flower - to prune or not to prune

(Justin Hughes) wrote in message . com...

I recently bought a Passion flower plant which is currently going
great guns up my fence and onto some trellis. The thing is it only
seems to have two very long 'branches', which eminate from the base. I
primarily bought it to create some privacy from next door, but without
any side shoots it's not going to provide much. There is no obvious
sign of side shoots, or where they might grow from.

My question is, if I cut the growing ends off of the current branches
will this promote side shoots, or will I just stop any growth it has?

Justin

Just bringing this back to the top of all the crud. Can anyone help?