Old 26-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Jeannie

Default Outdoor Tomatoes

I have been given several tomato plants which I have been assured are of the
outdoor rather than greenhouse variety. The are currently in a growbag at
the side of my shed and were planted there when the weather was more June
like, i.e. early last week. I haven't been to my allotment for a couple of
days due to the weather, but I initially thought that the rain might do them
good. As the weather hasn't appreciably improved since the last time I saw
the plants, I was wondering exactly how hardy outdoor tomatoes are.

Basically, due to the unseasonably cold weather and here in Notts it is
currently winter coat weather in my "nesh" opinion, would I be better to
bring them into the greenhouse or not. I've never had any dealings with
tomatoes before and am not sure how much of an English summer they can
stand.

Jeannie

---