Old 26-06-2004, 02:33 AM
D Russell

Default Building wooden structures

"PK" wrote in message
Janet Tweedy wrote:
Any makes that anyone can recommend?

I've printed off the greenfingers.com site and the pergolas
direct.co.uk site The BBC site doesn't have the plans at the moment.

Arggh!

Don't buy one. Make one!

Tannelised (or eh safe modern equiv) timber from a timber merchant bolted
together with coach screws is just as easy and a lot cheaper!

pk

It's also a lot more attractive IMO since it introduces that lovely rustic
look, which goes so well with scrambling roses. Sometimes almost seems a
shame to cover the pergola.

As to plans, I just drew my own up, probably over-engineered but it's still
standing after a few years, 5, but still looks great, again IMO.
Duncan