Old 26-06-2004, 02:56 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default does anybody know what an 'AGRIPPA BAND' is made for ?

The message
from "PERSONAL COMPUTERS \(J.C.SAMUEL\)"
contains these words:

I have found a strange objet, like a flat bottle in transparent glass, with
two necks, one on each side

I supposed it could be in relation with milk farming, maybe ewe, not cows
(it's too little for cows)

Does anybody know for what purpose it was made,

I've seen pictures of those two-ended bottles for feeding a (single)
human baby. The second teat could let in air, avoiding a vacuum as the
baby swallowed milk through the other one. If a vacuum built up, a weak
baby might be unable to suck against it, and a strong one might suck so
hard that the teat fell off, letting all the milk out.

I'm pretty certain it's nothing to do with agriculture; in my
experience even newborn bottlefed lambs take more than 7 ounces at a
single feed.

Janet.