Old 26-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Sacha

Default Well there's good news and bad news....

On 23/6/04 14:56, in article , "David W.E.
Roberts" wrote:

Hi,

the good news is that the lawn weed&feed has definitely been watered in.

The bad news is that the Wisteria is coming loose from the wall and flapping
about like a very flappy thing and the outdoor tomatoes are taking something
of a beating.

I am debating bringing the olive tree indoors since the supporting cane has
broken once and the tree is also flapping around like a bendy flappy thing.
I know a sapling bends with the gale etc. but I don't want it to snap in the
severe gale :-(

How is it with you?

We've lost a silver birch but it does look as if it was rotten inside - sad
because it's only about 10 years old. Other, larger things are standing up
to it so far but smaller plants are taking a real beating. And all the
ferns in the lanes have been flattened to the horizontal. ;-(
Things that seem to have been most damaged are those in 'corners' where the
wind has got in but can't get out!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)