Old 26-06-2004, 05:03 AM
zxcvbob

Default Diazinon replacements...not!

germ wrote:

I moved this year and the new house had a poor lawn. I have much
improved it but I am having grub problems. I have tried 3 of the
products now in the stores: season lawn control, triacide?, and sevin.
None have worked, peel up a patch of sod and I still see live grubs
each time!

Diazanon worked without fail in the past but is now unavailable. Any
suggestions for something that really works. (Other than a 55 gal
drum of Malathion concentrate applied directly. That is what the guy
at the local home center jokenly reccommended.)

Jim

I wish I'd known that diazanon was being outlawed -- I would have bought
a gallon of it like I did dursban. I still have about a pint of 50%
diazanon; that ought to last me a long time cuz I don't use it much (I
just like to have it available.)

I think there's a natural grub killer call "milky spore". I don't know
much about it because grubs are not a big problem here.

Or maybe you just need to turn some moles loose in your yard.

Best regards,
Bob