Old 26-06-2004, 08:04 AM

Default My posting the picture of Rose on the newsgroup

"Vox Humana" wrote:
Make me wonder how people can be abusive or simply get rid of a dog because
it doesn't fit their lifestyle.

well... Tonight Harry our 1+ year old springer and Sims my 7+ year old Pap got into a
fight and we had to take Sims to emergency to make sure none of the wounds needed
stitches (none did). This is the second time Harry has nailed Sims and on the way
home we decided Harry needs a new home as the next time we are unlikely to get this
lucky. Sims is undoubtedly "in your face" but the fact is, he was here first and big
dogs are always wrong just because of size.

I have never given up on any dog before, but I have lost both of my lil'ol' ladies
Foxy and Mitzie in the last 6 months and I couldnt stand to lose my darling Sims. I
have given up on the idea that we can have big dogs and little dogs. I have been
vigilant, but I got a DH who has no imagination for disaster.

Example: My DH opened all 3 doors so he could take Charlie our 16+ year old springer
out (he needs to be assisted out using a back end sling) and out the door went our
parakeet Whisky. His response to Whisky going out the door on Wednesday evening (I
was gone for the night) was to go get another parakeet the next morning. I ran off
50 "wanted" poster for the snot and we posted them all over the neighborhood last
weekend. So after sitting at the emergency from 9-12, I came home to find two
messages on the answering machine one saying Whisky is hanging out with a gang of
pigeons, the other he is hanging out with sparrows. So some good news. Maybe we can
get him back. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com