Old 26-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Trish Brown

Default red woods

Jade wrote:

Hi, My mare just had a foal. It's a little filly (girl) and is a red dun
(pink/orange red with darker mane and tail) with white spotty rump.
Please tell me what sort of quality Australian woods vary from pink to red,
or orange to red?
I would like to know in regards to names.
Thanks,
Jade.

Well, the obvious choice would be Australian Red Cedar, the beautiful rich red
timber that's so sought-after by wood turners and furniture enthusiasts. Of
course, you wouldn't name a little filly 'Red Cedar' (unless it were a show or
stud name)! But the latin name for A.Red Cedar is _Toona australis_ and I think
'Toona' would be a very pretty name for a filly!

Your filly is an unusual colour - is the mare a registered Appaloosa or Paint?
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia