Old 26-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Victoria Clare

Default rebirth of pelargoniums

To my amazement, two ivy-leaved pels 'Barbe Bleu' that I cruelly left
outside planted into the base of my big passiflora pots this winter have
started shooting from the roots!

I thought I'd managed to kill half of the ones in pots just by
overwintering in the greenhouse, but they are clearly tougher than I
thought.

Mind you, they were about to flower this time last year, so with just 2
microleaves each, they are a bit behind themselves !

I don't know whether to be pleased or annoyed: I'd just decided to replace
them with the new variety 'Black Magic'.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall