Old 26-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Jeannie

Default Outdoor Tomatoes

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
Being that they are outdoors and the fact that you have no real control
over the amount of water which they are receiving, are there sufficient
drainage holes in the growbag?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I went up to the allotment last night and the tomato plants actually look
OK. The compost is wet, certainly, but it's not waterlogged. I did make a
few holes in the grow bags prior to planting the tomatoes and my opinion is
that if they are OK after the torrential downpours and high winds we have
had in the last few days, they will survive anything.

Can't say the same about the runner and french beans though. I only had a
few plants to start with (poor germination rate for some reason that I can't
quite fathom, probably mice, I think), but they have been battered by the
winds and it will be touch and go as to whether they will survive, fingers
crossed!

Jeannie

---