Old 26-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Ian Cundell

Default If I leave the grass uncut...

In article , Jim [email protected]
wrote:

...for a couple of months (say) what are the long-term implications. Of
course
it will be unsightly and could present the mower with an initial problem when
finally getting round to being cut but what about the long-term implications
for
the grass itself? Will it recover if subsequently given its due attention.

thanks for any thoughts

I did that last year - in late spring - and only cut it when walking
through it got irksome. It looked wonderful with my two silver birch in
it like a proper English meadow (plus my late Mum's huge Tamarisk in
the far corner in its full pink glory).

--
"Noah's Ark is a problem...We'll have to call
it early quantum state phenomenon--