Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Dave Poole

Default what are your garden pet hates?

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:56:44 +0100, Kay
wrote:

I don't think I think 'how awful' or 'naff' or 'are they colour blind'
- it's just that that style of gardening leaves me cold.

Yes! Especially red/blue/yellow combinations!

I also really don't like variegated leaved plants, especially variegated
with yellow or bright green, with cerise or purple or pink flowers - or
almost with any flowers except white ones.

Spotted laurel

Any shrubby Potentilla, any Hypericum apart from 'Rowallane', shrubby
Cotoneasters (esp. and including horizontalis and the myriad,
desperately dull forms of microphyllus), hybrid tea roses and Salix
caprea 'Pendula' (Kilmarnock willow). Oh and I forgot, add to this,
large exhibition type Dahlias & Chrysanths and the big flowered (Edna
Everage type!) gladioli.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.