Old 26-06-2004, 12:03 PM
J X M

Default A lesson in moving orchids

I learned a very important lesson yesterday. I was moving an Oncidium full of
buds from work to home last evening and brought it all the way home. For those
few seconds when I was more interested in getting stuff out of the car, I forgot
all about the spike... lifted the pot and heard a snap. I can't believe I did
that to the plant. And after watching the thing grow for SO long.

Had anyone else done that to one of my plants... I would have had a great
argument with them... but it turns out that I did it myself. All I can say is,
it sucks... So what did I learn? Don't ever move an orchid unless you are paying
full attention and if it has spikes, think a few times, before so much as taking
it anywhere near an automobile.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see if it will spike again.

Johnny McIntyre