Old 26-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Tom Randy

Default A lesson in moving orchids

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:35:34 +0000, J X M wrote:

I learned a very important lesson yesterday. I was moving an Oncidium full of
buds from work to home last evening and brought it all the way home. For those
few seconds when I was more interested in getting stuff out of the car, I forgot
all about the spike... lifted the pot and heard a snap. I can't believe I did
that to the plant. And after watching the thing grow for SO long.

Had anyone else done that to one of my plants... I would have had a great
argument with them... but it turns out that I did it myself. All I can say is,
it sucks... So what did I learn? Don't ever move an orchid unless you are paying
full attention and if it has spikes, think a few times, before so much as taking
it anywhere near an automobile.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see if it will spike again.

Johnny McIntyre

Oh man that stinks. It takes so long for these things to spike and to have
it break is horrible. Sorry to hear about it. Better luck next time on
that one!

Guess you should go out and get another one to make up for it though!