Old 26-06-2004, 03:02 PM
escapee

Default Diazinon replacements...not!

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:24:09 -0500, zxcvbob opined:

germ wrote:

I moved this year and the new house had a poor lawn. I have much
improved it but I am having grub problems. I have tried 3 of the
products now in the stores: season lawn control, triacide?, and sevin.
None have worked, peel up a patch of sod and I still see live grubs
each time!

Diazanon worked without fail in the past but is now unavailable. Any
suggestions for something that really works. (Other than a 55 gal
drum of Malathion concentrate applied directly. That is what the guy
at the local home center jokenly reccommended.)

Jim

I wish I'd known that diazanon was being outlawed -- I would have bought
a gallon of it like I did dursban. I still have about a pint of 50%
diazanon; that ought to last me a long time cuz I don't use it much (I
just like to have it available.)

I think there's a natural grub killer call "milky spore". I don't know
much about it because grubs are not a big problem here.

Or maybe you just need to turn some moles loose in your yard.

Best regards,
Bob

Do you think they outlawed it because of it's greatness? It is a neurotoxin and
can kill you, cause cancer, and a whole host of other neuro diseases. How silly
people are.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?