Old 26-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Kay

Default what are your garden pet hates?

In article , Dave Poole
writes

Any shrubby Potentilla, any Hypericum apart from 'Rowallane', shrubby
Cotoneasters (esp. and including horizontalis and the myriad,
desperately dull forms of microphyllus), hybrid tea roses and Salix
caprea 'Pendula' (Kilmarnock willow). Oh and I forgot, add to this,
large exhibition type Dahlias & Chrysanths and the big flowered (Edna
Everage type!) gladioli.

Now your style of gardening is very different from mine, and yet I share
all those hates!

I wonder whether in fact we're doing the same thing but with different
palettes - you are creating a jungle paradise with tender plants and
choice species, I am creating a jungle (less of the paradise) with
native plants and with species that flourish in shady wet clay and slug
heaven.
--
Kay