Old 26-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Kay

Default Tree butchery of significant trees

In article , Rod rodcraddoc
writes
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:05:57 +0100, "TQPL"
wrote:

Not sure there is a lot you can do, I have full sympathy with you and
hate to see trees abused inthis way. Sadly fines are just a pinprick
to a developer and there's always a cowboy operator who will take the
money and do what the developer wants. As others have said there are
many and varied valid reasons why a tree might have to go and they
should be respected. On the other hand it behoves all of us to do all
we can to ensure that TPOs are enforced to the full extent of the law.
For the future we can try to be sensible in the ways we use trees in
our increasingly developed environment so that someone in future
doesn't feel the need to remove them prematurely or to mutilate them.
That'll be 2p please ;~)

It's because we have an increasingly developed environment that we need
to be so careful about the trees we have left. I was walking around the
neighbouring town last night and quite shocked by the absence of
birdlife compared with our relatively tiny garden - it seems a line of
decorative 'suitable' trees just doesn't do - you need a certain width
of vegetation to be able to attract more than the odd blackbird and
seagull.
--
Kay