Old 26-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Tony

Default Diazinon replacements...not!

"germ" wrote in message
m...
I moved this year and the new house had a poor lawn. I have much
improved it but I am having grub problems. I have tried 3 of the
products now in the stores: season lawn control, triacide?, and sevin.
None have worked, peel up a patch of sod and I still see live grubs
each time!

Diazanon worked without fail in the past but is now unavailable. Any
suggestions for something that really works. (Other than a 55 gal
drum of Malathion concentrate applied directly. That is what the guy
at the local home center jokenly reccommended.)

Not sure where you're located, but I believe in this area (northwest
Florida) Talstar is used with good results.

A local store that I buy from has a web site that lists various products and
the appropriate usage. They're at http://www.pestproducts.com

Even if you don't buy from them, the info on the site can give you a good
lead on some products you might find locally. (I can't see having a big bag
of whatever shipped to you as being very cost efficient.) I'm not in any
way affiliated with this store other than being a satisfied customer.

Tony