Old 26-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Gae Xavier

Default ? about peach trees

Victor Martinez wrote:
jojo wrote:

They are obviously peach, but show no hint of fruit.

We had a bad year peach-wise, not a single one seems to have made it to
maturity.

Is there an ornamental variety that does not grow fruit?

Yeap.

Will it bloom in the spring?

Probably.

Yes, my Redskin had lots of little red peaches and one day I went out
and they were all gone. I looked on the ground and found only one with a
bite out of it.

Hmnnn... squirrels or blue jays? Or both...

I will not use the netting to protect the peaches. Birds and animals get
ensnared and die trapped in that netting. So my advice is to NEVER use
protective netting after I saw what happened to the birds and animals
that got into it.

Best -- Gae