Old 26-06-2004, 06:05 PM
pixi

Default This darned pond!!

Hope there is a simple way to do this? I have the rock out, the liner and
liner protecter (whatever it's called) pulled away. The pipe is exposed.
The skimmer is almost empty. An inch or two of water in the bottom of
skimmer but full of tadpoles so I don't want to empty it completely.

I have loosened up the clay around it for an inch or two deep but the
darned skimmer looks like it's 2 or 3 feet deep. And I don't see how I can
go that deep on the outside without digging up half the pond area.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can pull up the skimmer without doing
a lot of digging?

As it happens, the landscaper left a fold that amounts to about a foot of
extra liner so I don't have to shorten the pond. All I need to do is figure
out how to get more dirt under the skimmer without killing myself.

Hope some one has an idea or two.

Thanks so much.

Pixi