Old 26-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Joanne

Default what are your garden pet hates?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
Plastic. Including white and "terracotta" plastic planters, brightly
coloured plastic toys, plastic furniture and fences, plastic plates on
the plastic table, plastic mini-marquees. Plastic raincovers on plastic
or wooden garden furniture. Plastic herons, plastic gnomes, plastic
bunnies, plastic foxes, plastic ducks, plastic ponds with the plastic
showing...

Oi, I resemble your remarks My hubbie works at a plastics factory so
the more plastic that's used the longer he keeps his job And some of
the new plastic "terracotta" pots are so realistic that one has to knock on
them to see if they're real or not. And I sheepishly have to admit to a
plastic gnome (oh dear, I see your point!), and when I fell over at my
barbecue the other week and smashed my china plate (no, I hadn't been
drinking), I wished I'd had a plastic one instead !!!!!

My pet hates are bedding plants, particularly begonias, pelargoniums and
bizzie-lizzies, all neatly spaced out in regimented rows in narrow borders
around a neat, square lawn. I like bedding plants, but not used in an
orderly fashion, and I admire such gardens because they do look colourful
throughout the summer, but I prefer a more haphazard style (in my personal
appearance and housekeeping, as well as in my garden)!!