Old 26-06-2004, 11:18 PM
shazzbat

Default Advice On Gardening

"Dermuid" wrote in message
news:9SmDc.846$_R3.700@newsfe5-win...

"shazzbat" wrote in message
:
: By the way, you are a registered waste carrier I take it?
: Steve
:
:

We are talking about non hazardous plain old garden waste here which

anyone
can take to a landfill or refuse station, no licence required.

Wrong.

Whilst a person can take their own waste to the landfill site, a person who
removes waste by way of business, whether it be hazardous or not, needs to
be a registered waste carrier in accordance with the environmental
protection act 1990. Also the carrier must complete a controlled waste
transfer note, and both the holder and the carrier must retain their copies
for three years. Once you are charging, either directly or as part of the
overall charge, it becomes controlled waste according to the above act. If
the carrier is not registered, the holder of the waste, in this case the
householder, can be fined UKP2000, and the carrier can be fined UKP2000 plus
confiscation of their vehicle. These penalties may have been updated since I
last looked them up.

Steve.
Registered waste carrier DOR24207/0001