Old 27-06-2004, 12:04 AM
news.pcisys.net

Default Skippy Filter

How big is your filer??? I ordered some 19" scrubber pads 5/$19. And
they seem to be working pretty well. The actual "skippy" design did not
work for me so I ran the intake into the bottom of the stock tank, got
GREAT circular flow and reduced the amount of PVC pipe and 90 degree
angles and all. I had not thought of Cobra material. If it has no
chemicals give it a whirl.

Meier wrote:
Just completed building a skippy filter. Has anyone tried using an
evaporative cooler pad for the filter media? Good results? Or a
reason not to?

What are you using? I hate to spend $125 for commercial floor
scrubber pads if I don't have to. What are you using and what do you
find to be effective?

Thanks!