Old 27-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Dermuid

Default Advice On Gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message
:
: "Dermuid" wrote in message
: news:9SmDc.846$_R3.700@newsfe5-win...
:
: "shazzbat" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : By the way, you are a registered waste carrier I take it?
: : Steve
: :
: :
:
: We are talking about non hazardous plain old garden waste here which
: anyone
: can take to a landfill or refuse station, no licence required.
:
:
: Wrong.
:
: Whilst a person can take their own waste to the landfill site, a person
who
: removes waste by way of business, whether it be hazardous or not, needs to
: be a registered waste carrier in accordance with the environmental
: protection act 1990. Also the carrier must complete a controlled waste
: transfer note, and both the holder and the carrier must retain their
copies
: for three years. Once you are charging, either directly or as part of the
: overall charge, it becomes controlled waste according to the above act. If
: the carrier is not registered, the holder of the waste, in this case the
: householder, can be fined UKP2000, and the carrier can be fined UKP2000
plus
: confiscation of their vehicle. These penalties may have been updated since
: last looked them up.
:

Well it would appear that the landfill I went to were not doing their job
then, not once was I asked if I was registered to carry waste, cash or
account, yes, maybe they thought it was my own waste