Old 27-06-2004, 05:08 AM
Charles

Default Iris Repotted

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:21:02 GMT, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

Iris Repotted or This Thread Revisited

A couple of years ago we had a discussion about iris, rock versus soil to
plant them in. I know we highly recommend rock especially in a veggie
filter. So today I repotted my experiments. 1 was in rock, BIG rock, 3 were
in soil. Hate to tell you this guys, but the 3 in soil were much easier to
divide. The roots were so fibrous in the rock one that I had to do a lot of
clipping of the roots, whereas soil ones I could get the roots to slip out
of the mud. So I'm repotting all back into soil.... if this was for a
veggie filter, I'd put up with the rock (I think). I'll let you know after
I do some that I've been using, as if for a veggie filter.

Has anyone else repotted their experiments? ~ jan

something really fun, lava rock and floor scouring pad with iris.

Made one solid, strong, heavy mass, it was a lot of work to just get
it out of the filter.

I don't use lava rock any more, not floor scrubbing pads.
--

- Charles
-