Old 27-06-2004, 05:08 AM
chagoi

Default Skippy Filter

news.pcisys.net wrote:
How big is your filer??? I ordered some 19" scrubber pads 5/$19. And
they seem to be working pretty well. The actual "skippy" design did not
work for me so I ran the intake into the bottom of the stock tank, got
GREAT circular flow and reduced the amount of PVC pipe and 90 degree
angles and all.

I had not thought of Cobra material. If it has no
chemicals give it a whirl.

I have used the "Cobra" roof vent material for over a year now:
1. As a prefilter for my 1500 GPM pump
2. As dividers between different size biomedia in my Tetra PF-3 Filter.

with no ill affects or breakdown of the fibers.

I checked their web and MSDS sheet for info on "Cobra vent" and found no
mention of any use of any type of mold inhibitor or any other dangerous
chemicals

Mike

Chagoi
http://ourkoipond.com

Meier wrote:

Just completed building a skippy filter. Has anyone tried using an
evaporative cooler pad for the filter media? Good results? Or a
reason not to?

What are you using? I hate to spend $125 for commercial floor
scrubber pads if I don't have to. What are you using and what do you
find to be effective?

Thanks!

-- Fired! Me? NO! I only received a nice letter from Corporate
yesterday, telling me to "Depart! and apply rhythmic pressure upon
silica and diatoms".

IOW

Go! Pound sand!

-- Success is getting what you want.