Old 27-06-2004, 06:04 AM
lalu

Default Kitty Litter destroys String Algae

from Gerry: I Also did a check on the particular kitty litter I'm
using. It completely
disintegrates, I left some in still area, it turned very soft and then
disappeared.

You are lucky. The basic clay kitty litter I tried stayed as sharp
little pebbles even after soaking overnight and then being run thru a
food processor - oh the racket! And it knicked the blade! Even after a
week in water it was still totally undissolved. The cats got the rest.
If mine had totally dissolved, I probably would have stuck with it
instead of something more expensive. Alas it didnt.

Lalu