Old 27-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Franz Heymann

Default what are your garden pet hates?

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:42:30 +0100, VivienB wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:23:42 +0100, Klara

wrote:

I don't think I think 'how awful' or 'naff' or 'are they colour

blind'
- it's just that that style of gardening leaves me cold.

Yes! Especially red/blue/yellow combinations!

Oh no - cerise/orange/bright purple is far worse!

Try the combination in one of my big planters this year: a soft
orange osteospermum predominates, but is molested by a lapis
lazuli anagallis, bright yellow sanvitalia, brilliant red
callibrachoas, a fluorescent-magenta phlox (and a matching
callibrachoa), and one or two other items carefully chosen to
give maximum clash. Yee-haw! Ride'm cowboy!

Hey, Rodger, how big is that planter?

And I love the combination of Geranium 'Anne Folkard' (deep
violent magenta) with hot orange crocosmias.

My attitude: pastel gardens for pastel people.

I have a wider taste than yours, for which I am truly thankful. I can
live with your choice of colours *and* pastels as well.
All that matters is that each plant should be visible, look healthy
and do what it should do. To hell with what its neighbour is doing.

Franz