Old 27-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Katra

Default Crape Myrtle: pruned vs untouched

In article ,
"Jay Casey" wrote:

I pruned my Crape Myrtles.
I noticed that Crape Myrtles in my neighborhood that were not pruned
flower earlier, more, and better than those that were pruned.
Does pruning really help?
Does pruning have anything to do with flowering at all?
I am thinking about not touching them next year.

It's Crepe Myrtle, and as far as I've seen, branch pruning seems to have
nothing to do with flowering, but it has everything in the world to do
with shape and size. :-) Pod pruning OTHO:

http://www.kathyrmiller.com/crepemyrtle.htm

The way it's pruned determines if you want a tree or a bush......
and dead heading makes more flowers. Same goes for my Canna's.

K. (who is slowly trying for a crepe myrtle tree)

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...