Old 27-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Dwayne

Default Help with cauliflower killers please

Good morning John,

I would check for rabbits or some other animals getting into your netting,
although it has been my experience that rabbits will eat the entire plant to
the ground. Grass hoppers eat on some parts of the plants and leave the
rest alone, but not just the caulis.

I would put up a temporary fence for the animals (unless you have some that
climb fences) and a mild spray for the bugs. I am in the U.S. and sometimes
I will get a "dust" to sprinkle on my plants, and sometimes a milder spray
that does the job.

I have had slugs eat the berries off my strawberries, but I have never seen
them on cauliflowers.

Good luck. Dwayne